Due to restrictions set by local banks we cannot accept U.S. currency printed earlier than 2007 or with any stamps, writings or markings on them.  We regret the inconvenience.

The birth of a child abroad to U.S. citizen parent(s) should be reported as soon as possible to the nearest American consular office for the purpose of establishing an official record of the child’s claim to U.S. citizenship at birth. The official record is in the form of a Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America. This document, referred to as the Consular Report of Birth Abroad or FS-240, is considered a basic United States citizenship document. An original FS-240 is furnished to the parent(s) at the time the registration is approved.

For more information, please visit the State Department’s web page about the Birth of  U.S. Citizens Abroad.

Consular Report of Birth Abroad

A Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) can be prepared only at an American consular office overseas while the child is under the age of 18. Once all documents are in order and the consular officer has approved the case it will be forwarded to the U.S. for printing and shipped to the Embassy.

In order to establish the child’s citizenship under the appropriate provisions of U.S. law, the following documents must be submitted:

  • An official record of the child’s foreign birth;
  • Evidence of the parent(s)’ U.S. citizenship (e.g., a certified birth certificate, current U.S. passport, or Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship);
  • Evidence of the parents’ marriage, if applicable; and
  • Affidavits of parent(s)’ residence and physical presence in the United States.

In certain cases, it may be necessary to submit additional documents, including affidavits of paternity and support, divorce decrees from prior marriages, or medical reports of blood compatibility. All evidentiary documents should be certified as true copies of the originals by the registrar of the office wherein each document was issued.

Child Citizenship Act of 2000

The Child Citizenship Act of 2000 allows certain foreign-born, biological and adopted children of American citizens to acquire American citizenship. These children did not acquire American citizenship at birth, but they qualify for citizenship when they enter the United States as lawful permanent residents (LPRs).

Expeditious Naturalization

Expeditious Naturalization through Parents/grandparent for Biological or Adopted Children Residing outside the United States.