The U.S. Embassy, Public Affairs Section is pleased to announce the Stronger Together: Health, Prosperity, and Security program to support innovative projects that address one of three U.S. foreign policy objectives. U.S. Alumni and the public are encouraged to submit proposals and request up to $25,000 for implementation. All proposals must be submitted by 17:00 on the last Friday of March, June, September, or December of each year and according to the timetable stipulated in this notice.
All submitted proposals must address one of the three U.S. foreign policy objectives below.
- Empowering Women and Girls – Projects enhance or support empowerment of women and girls through educational, entrepreneurship, health, or professional development opportunities.
- Supporting Civil Society Organizations – Projects (1) strengthen management and public engagement capacity of civil society organizations and promote political and civil participation; (2) enhance government accountability and information access for the public; or (3) promote exchange and cooperation with U.S. higher education institutions.
- Enabling Business Environment – Projects (1) promote or develop best practices in business and entrepreneurship for youth and create or strengthen networking among youth entrepreneurs; (2) promote Botswana’s transition to a knowledge-based economy, including activities in research and development; or (3) increase Botswana’s awareness and utilization of the African Growth and Opportunity Act.
Guidelines and Eligibility Information
- The award is open ONLY to registered not-for-profit groups, associations, nongovernmental organizations, faith- or community-based organizations. The groups must be well established, operating for at least one year, and have a history of accomplishments.
- We CANNOT fund or sponsor government schools, prizes for school competitions, individuals, private or for-profit businesses, company start-up costs, direct employee compensation or one-time events.
- Recipients can demonstrate their commitments by either contributing to the project financially, or providing labor or supplies to carry out the project. Cost-sharing is not required but highly encouraged.
- Proposals involving U.S. Alumni will receive preference during the review process.
Deadlines for Applications
- 5:00 pm on June 28, 2019
- 5:00 pm on September 27, 2019
- 5:00 pm on December 27, 2019
- 5:00 pm on March 27, 2020