Small Grant Program – The Ambassador’s Special Self Help Program
If you have a good idea how to improve life in your community, we may be able to help! In the past five years, we awarded over 1 million US dollars, or approximately 11 million Pula, to support over 90 community-based projects throughout Botswana. Please see information below about the Ambassador’s Special Self Help Program to see if your organization can be funded and instructions how to apply.
- Our funding has strict criteria for application. When submitting an application, ensure that you comply with all the requirements, otherwise your application will not be considered.
- All applicants must be registered not-for-profit groups, associations, non-governmental organizations, faith or community based organizations. The groups must be well established, operating for at least one year, and have a history of accomplishments.
- We cannot fund or sponsor government schools, including prizes for school competitions.
- We cannot fund or sponsor individuals.
- We cannot fund private, for profit businesses or provide start-up costs.
- We cannot fund one-time events, only events that are part of a long-term project.
- We receive many requests for funding and can only fund a small number of projects. However, we take every request seriously.
1. Read Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for the program you are applying for carefully. Download the NOFO here.
2. Fill out mandatory application forms
- SF-424 (Application for Federal Assistance – organizations)
- SF424A (Budget Information for Non-Construction programs)
- SF424B (Assurances for Non-Construction programs)
3. Prepare a Summary Coversheet – details in the NOFO
4. Prepare a Proposal – details in the above NOFO (5 pages maximum) including:
- Proposal Summary
- Introduction to the Organization applying
- Problem Statement
- Program Goals and Objectives
- Program Activities
- Program Methods and Design
- Proposed Program Schedule
- Key Personnel
- Program Partners
- Program Monitoring and Evaluation Plan
- Future Funding or Sustainability
5. Budget Justification Narrative – details in the NOFO
6. Attachments – details in the NOFO
7. Required registrations:
All organizations applying for grants must obtain these registrations before sending in their applications. All are free of charge:
- Unique Entity ID (UEI) Number (Issued via www.sam.gov)
- SAM.gov registration
See more details in the NOFO for the requirements.
8. Submit all above documentation to Small Grants Office – details in the above NOFO