The U.S. Embassy is pleased to announce the 2023-24 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program competition. The application deadline is Friday, May 20, 2022, at 11:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time (5:59 AM Central Africa Time). Applications must be submitted online at https://apply.iie.org/huberthhumphrey
Program Overview: The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship is a one-year non-degree graduate-level study and professional development program for accomplished young and mid-career professionals with proven track record leadership, public service commitment, and the capacity to take full advantage of a self-defined program of independent study. Throughout the year, Fellows pursue individual program goals through university coursework, conferences, networking, and practical work experiences. Unlike a typical graduate school experience, the Program encourages Fellows to travel away from their host campus to learn more about American culture and network with their peers.
Fields of Study: Sustainable Development; Democratic Institution Building; Education; and Public Health. For more information on the fields of study and the program, please refer to www.humphreyfellowship.org.
- A Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of five years full-time professional experience
- No prior or limited experience in the U.S.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- A record of public service
- English language proficiency
- Demonstrated experience in the field of study
- A written indication from the employer to approve leave of absence allowing selectees to participate in the program.
- Applicants cannot be immediate family members of a U.S. Embassy employee.
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university
- Pre-academic English language training, if required
- A living allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance
- Accident and sickness coverage
- A book allowance
- A one-time computer subsidy
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the Program and domestic travel to required program events)
- Professional Development allowance for professional activities
Complete and submit electronically the online application at https://apply.iie.org/huberthhumphrey The Embassy will consider only complete applications submitted by the deadline.
Questions and further information: Please e-mail queries to FulbrightBotswana@state.gov or follow the Embassy’s Facebook page to join recurring scheduled virtual information sessions.