Event: Possible Charter Flight from Maun to Dar es Salaam August 20
Commercial flights out of Botswana remain suspended until further notice. The U.S. Embassy has assisted with more than five opportunities to depart Botswana during the suspension of commercial flights.
For those who missed these flights, there may be a charter flight organized by the Perenti Group on August 20, 2020 pending flight approvals. The flight will depart from Maun and arrive in Dar es Salaam, from which onward flights may be booked. The cost and logistics are unknown at this time. If you are not already in the zone in which Maun is located, you will need a permit from the Government of Botswana and possibly a negative COVID-19 test to cross zones. If you are interested in this flight, please contact the charter company:
Email Charters@Globetrotter.com.au with your expression of interest as soon as possible. You will then be contacted and required to submit additional details by August 13.
Please have available the following information:
- Passenger passport and confirmed reservations for quarantine accommodation (only required for passengers traveling into the “host” countries).
Perenti does not accept any responsibility for:
- Quarantine upon arrival in “host” country;
- Visa/transit approvals for passengers travel to or from the charter flight;
- Lost luggage;
- Emergency events that may arise during the course of the charter;
- Visa requirements for entry into the country (i.e. Business/ Residential Visa’s required by some countries to enter);
- Provision of PPE for flight and as required for entry into some “host” countries;
- Booking of connecting flights;
- COVID testing requirements to leave “host” country or any transit hubs on the flight route;
- Exemptions to leave Australia or other country;
- Re-entry availability of flights to Australia, or quarantine costs upon arrival.
U.S. citizens who remain interested in returning home should contact us at the following link and fill out the form carefully, then submit:
Botswana Repatriation Request Form
In the meantime, please do not forget to register in STEP for the latest alerts and information from the U.S. Embassy in Gaborone at https://step.state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Botswana.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Visit the Botswana Ministry of Health and Wellness’ Facebook page for latest travel restrictions.
- Call 997 for instructions from the Government of Botswana if you think you have symptoms of COVID-19.
- U.S. Embassy Gaborone, Botswana
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter