Are you a secondary school student that is passionate about human rights? Here is your opportunity to enter The U.S. Embassy essay contest, and make your voice heard!
From November 25th to December 10th, we commemorate the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women, a call to action to end violence against women and girls around the world. To participate in The U.S. Embassy’s essay contest – you must be a secondary school student aged 13 to17 years old. Write an essay (no more than 750 words) focused on the theme of the 2022 16 Days Against GBV Campaign, “UNITE! Activism to end violence against women and girls.”
Email your essays to: PASGABORONE@state.gov with the email subject line titled – 16 DAYS ESSAY CONTEST SUBMISSION – [last name]. All essays must be written in Times New Roman, font size 12. Not following instructions will disqualify you!
Top three winners will be announced on the Embassy social media platforms. The top winning essay will be published on our website and a local newspaper, and will be invited to appear on the Embassy’s Stars and Stripes Radio show on Gabz FM as a special guest.
The deadline to submit is December 2, 2022. #EndGBV #16Days
- Secondary school student ages 13 to 17 years old
- Essays must be typed in Times New Roman font, size 12, not exceeding 750 words
- Essays must only be emailed to email@example.com
- Email must have the subject as: 16 DAYS ESSAY CONTEST SUBMISSION – [last name]
- All entries must include your full name, headshot style photo, citizenship and country of residence, school, age, parent/guardian name, contact number, and email.
- Submissions that do not follow contest guidelines will be disqualified
- Submission deadline is December 02, 2022 at 5 pm.
- First Place – tablet, radio show appearance, newspaper, website, and social media feature, book, and U.S. Embassy themed merchandise, certificate, and meeting with the U.S. Ambassador.
- Second Place – social media feature, book, certificate, U.S. Embassy themed merchandise, and meeting with the U.S. Ambassador.
- Third Place – social media feature, book, and certificate.