- The Diversity Visa (DV) 2019 program registration period will run from noon, EASTERN DAYLIGHT TIME (EDT) on October 18, 2017, through noon, EASTERN STANDARD TIME (EST) November 22, 2017. Please refer to the DV-2019 Instructions at usvisas.state.gov/dv/instructions for complete program rules and answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- The Department of State will conduct the DV-2019 program entirely electronically, including electronic entry. We will not accept paper entries. The Department website for the submission of E-DV entries is dvlottery.state.gov.
- Registered entries that comply with form submission instructions will result in the display of a confirmation screen page that contains the entrant’s name and confirmation number, which the entrant should print. The confirmation screen page will provide information the entrant must use to check the status of his or her entry electronically through the Entrant Status Check available at dvlottery.state.gov. Only entrants who have their confirmation information will be able to check their Entrant Status and, if selected, receive application instructions and notification of their IV interview appointment.
- Entrants may prepare and submit their own entries or have someone submit the entry for them. Whether the individual submits an entry directly, or an attorney, friend, relative, etc. provides assistance, only one entry may be submitted in the name of each individual, and the entrant remains responsible for ensuring that the information is correct and complete. All entrants, including those not selected, will be able to check the status of their entry through the Entrant Status Check available at dvlottery.state.gov.
- The law allows only one entry by or for each person during each registration period. Entrants who submit more than one entry will be disqualified.
- Applicants must submit a recent photo taken within the last six months that is compliant with specifications published in the DV-2019 Instructions. Entries that include the same photo submitted with a previous year’s entry or that do not meet specifications will be disqualified.
See the Diversity Visa Program webpage for information about: