Last updated: 12/09/2022
The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Entry and Exit Requirements
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for U.S. citizens? No
- As of August 28, 2022, wearing of masks, proof of vaccination, and testing at port of entry for unvaccinated travelers is no longer required.
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- PCR and/or antigen tests are available for U.S. citizens in Botswana.
- Test results are reliably available within one calendar day. Same-day test results are widely available through private laboratories such as Diagnofirm. Cost for PCR testing at Diagnofirm is 750 BWP (+/-60 USD); antigen testing is less expensive. The costs are borne by the individual being tested; payment can be made by cash or credit card.
- Test results are normally provided by email, text message, and hardcopy.
- For the latest Botswana COVID-19 regulations, please call (+267) 363-2222 or (+267) 363-2223 during regular business hours.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Are vaccines available in Botswana for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes.
Multiple vaccines are approved and available for citizens and non-citizens.
- Find the latest Botswana COVID-19 regulations at https://www.gov.bw/and on their official Facebook and Twitter
- Visit the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- Is a curfew in place? No
- Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? No
U.S. Embassy Gaborone
- Phone number: 395-3982 (business hours); 373-2222 (after hours)
- Email Address: ConsularGaborone@state.gov
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
State Department Consular Affairs
- +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Botswana Country Information: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Botswana.html
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Other links: